- ETS Start on 12.8.2010
Visit for schedule and timetable :http://www.malayarailway.com/2010/08/ets-train-start-0n-1282010.html
Ktmb ETS INFO
- Kuala Lumpur to Ipoh in 1 hour 55 minutes
- Initially, it will operate in Kuala Lumpur - Ipoh route, it might be extended to Padang Besar and Gemas in 2013.
- Top speed will be 160 km/h.
- At the moment, Kuala Lumpur to Ipoh train service is popular, with tickets usually sold out on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The introduction of ETS is timely because of the existing demand.
- Travel time can be reduced by 1 hour, the ETS system is made in Japan, but the construction done in South Korea by ROTEM.
- This is not the first electric train for KTMB, because KTMB operated their first electric train since 1995 on KTMB Komuter service.
- ETS is faster, more aerodynamic than EMU. It is used for longer distance, with 6 carriages on each set compared to 3 on EMU.
- ETS have interesting interior design, with air-conditioning, LCD television, disabled user friendly and equipped with Automatic Train Protection System.
- To keep the train drivers be alert on all time, ETS drivers have to press one button every 30 seconds to show their concentration. If the button is not pressed, the train will slow down and stop.
- ETS capacity is 350 passengers.