Seremban Station 1920s
Seremban is formerly called Sungai Ujong which is established around 1840. The density of population started to concentrate around Linggi River when tin was found at that time. The local areas were also a spots for rubber plantation and estate. As time passed, commercial activities have been thriving. The development of Seremban has been increasing tremendously when railways connecting Kuala Lumpur and Singapore was built around 1890.
Seremban railway station was constructed between 1904 to 1910 at a cost of RM26,000.00, having long served earlier railway companies before the Malayan Railway Administration (now known as the Malayan Railway) took over responsibilities of managing all lines in Malaya in 1948. The station continued to offer Intercity train services along the North-South Line, as well as offering goods deliveries.
Seremban Station during early 1980's.
From 6 February 1994 to 12 April 1994, the station underwent extensive remodeling in preparation for the launch of the Rawang-to-Seremban stretch of the KTM Komuter commuter train services. The renovation saw the retrofitting of new KTM Komuter facilities into the station, as well as the raising of all platforms in the station to support easier access in and out of KTM locomotives and coaches.
Seremban Town 1927